Ebiripo

  
    This is a dish made out of grated cocoyam, which is wrapped in local banana leaves, popularly called Moi Moi leaves and steamed, just as you would Moi Moi. The beauty of Ebiripo is in its simplicity. Unlike Moi Moi, Ebiripo is made from grated cocoyam that is only seasoned with salt and seasoning cube, which my grandma would scoff her nose at, because she never cooked with seasoning cubes. What makes Ebiripo a winner is the sauce that is served with it. The Ijebu race has different clans. Ijebu Igbo, Ijebu Ode, Ijebu Sagamu, Ijebu Remo This is as far as I know. My mother is from Iperu, therefore, she is from the Ijebu Remo clan who serve Ebiripo with a delicious rich tomato sauce, popularly called ata din din.
  What You Need To make Ebiripo:
  * Tubers of Cocoyam

 * Salt

* Seasoning cube – optional

 *   Moi Moi leaves – can you try this without the local leaves? My grandma will haunt me from her grave if I dare say yes. Lol, so I am leaving this answer as open ended. Lol
Serve with Ata din din, or Egusi Ijebu.
 
1 Tomato
2 pieces of ata rodo – scotch bonnet/habanero pepper
1 Tatashe – red bell pepper
1 medium sized red onion
Palm oil

 

Comments